Monday, March 20, 2006

Guns N' Hoses

I'd like to take this opportunity to doth my cap to the men and women of law enforcement who patrol the streets of New York so diligently. We were both surprised at the frequency of their presence along every street. Here in the UK you'd be lucky if you saw one in a week. This contributed to us both feeling safer over there than we do over here. C'mon, let's be honest - who wouldn't want to ride around on one of these bad boys?


Let's not forget the Fire Service either. I took this photograph during the 9/11 ceremony at Ground Zero. Just opposite this truck there was an Irish bar full of firemen who were more than happy to share an ice cold beer with anyone who was willing. Mind you, I wouldn't be too thrilled at being their next call-out!


May I suggest that you take the time to head on over to the NYPD and FDNY websites and show your support for New York's finest.

3 Comments:

At March 20, 2006 9:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Phew, what a schorcher!

 
At March 24, 2006 8:42 am, Blogger Harmunt said...

Oh dear...

*tumbleweed rolls into view*

 
At March 24, 2006 1:56 pm, Blogger Daniel of "Daniels Counter" said...

I just don't undrestand how the NYPD can ride such slow heavy ducks. UK Police on BMW RS1200 and K1200 as well as on BMW FS650s are a little better of, albeit not so cool I presume!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home