Sunday, March 12, 2006

Press START To Enter

This seems like as good a time as any to inform you that I have a terrible disease. It has consumed my very soul for over 25 years and shows no sign of slowing down. There is no way to stop it or even control it - I know that now. All I can do is feed the habit...

My passion for the videogame industry.

During our recent trip to New York in September 2005, I had the good fortune (or misfortune as Mrs H would say!) to visit the site of Nintendo World situated in Rockefeller Plaza.



As I entered the store I felt a sense of bewilderment and trepidation... Set to a decoratively themed pallete of vivid silver and greys with light dustings of electric blue neon lights, it bore a stark maturity of which I approved. It was akin to entering some intergalactic spaceship from an episode of Star Trek.

Before I had time to blink, Mrs H had rushed over to the DS section and firmly attached herself to a copy of Nintendogs. I hurridly fumbled around for my camera and set it to record a short video of her playing the game. Not only did this serve as a comfortable reminder that she really does enjoy video games, but it was also handy to throw in her face if she ever had a problem with me whipping out the DS in bed!

"But I thought you loved playing video games too babe?" :)

£288 later, we left the store...

2 Comments:

At March 17, 2006 12:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its been emotional . . .

 
At March 24, 2006 8:41 am, Blogger Harmunt said...

Certainly was...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home