Monday, May 08, 2006

Tribute In Lights - Take 2

Whilst I have already covered the 9/11 tribute in lights during an earlier post, I felt that this picture deserved a spot all of it's own. After the complete and utter disappointment at my own camera letting me down on the night, here is a truly stunning reminder that a decent camera can most certainly go a long way! Taken from the Skyscraper City website, courtesy of photographer Al Camardella Jnr, this creates a majestic sight along the entire Manhattan Skyline.


Be sure to check out the other entries on Skyscraper City's forum. Some of the panoramas are truly immense! Set your monitor resolution to the max! :)

4 Comments:

At May 25, 2006 5:51 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, My friend sent me this link of my photo taken March 14, 2002 from Liberty State Park.

I really appreciate the compliment, I am very flattered!

All the best,
Al Camardella Jr.

 
At May 25, 2006 6:36 pm, Blogger Harmunt said...

Amazing that a friend of yours just happened to read my blog! What are the odds? :)

I'd like to extend my personal thanks for such a great picture.

I've also linked your website in the post.

All the best and keep up the good work.

 
At June 25, 2006 11:48 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is odd huh! My name was "Googled" and bingo.there it is :)

THANK YOU for the kind words, thats means a lot to me!

I did "google" myself (cant sleep and bored heh) Found this site and some message board to my photos including ..BUT referring to UFOs and "odd lights" in my pics?? Found it comical... The 'lines' seen in the pics are planes since these photos were 10-12 second + exposures..you get a LINE of a flying jet (I hate saying jet and Lower Manhattan i the same sentence, tad chilling for obvious reasons..but thats what it was.)

Hope you have a great rest of the weekend!

Take care.
Al Camardella Jr.

 
At June 26, 2006 5:06 pm, Blogger Harmunt said...

It's amazing how people will grasp at just about anything to justify alien life forms! :)

I know what you mean about the chilling part. :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home