Monday, July 17, 2006

Captured In Graphite - Part 1

I was recently given access to a series of pencil art gems from an artist called Manhattanman911. This particular project shown below was initiated on February 25th 2005 and since then he has invested hundreds of hours intricately drawing the city.


His detailing skills are exhaustive and as you can see many of the well-known landmarks such as the Empire State Building, Chrysler Building, Citicorp Center, Metlife Tower, and Queensborough Bridge, are all present and correct. Although there are a few blank buildings yet to be populated, he estimates that the project will be completely finished sometime in and around 2007.

For a more detailed view you can access the full size scan here.

This is the first in a series of which I plan to present here over the coming months. Outstanding job!

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2006 8:27 pm, Blogger patsy said...

glad you liked my photos. amazing you living in UK and so big on US and our 4th of july. I enjoyed your post.

 
At July 21, 2006 6:27 pm, Blogger Harmunt said...

I have loved the US for over 25 years. My partner and I would emigrate tomorrow if I could.

The UK has nothing to offer me.

 
At July 31, 2007 10:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey im happy to see that my drawing have this succes :p

i was lookin for things about New York and i saw ur site, lol an article about my drawings..thats good:p

if you want the last version of the drawing, come to msn my adress is manhattanman911@hotmail.com

if you want to see others things as my photos, my others drawings, my footages and my graffitis check this out :
manhattanman911.skyrock.com

bye ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home